Memory Upgrades for your Mac
Use our memory selector to find the right memory (RAM) for your Mac.
- Today's applications (especially photos, music, or movies) expect that you have 2GB of memory or more.
- More memory allows you to run multiple applications at one time.
- Additional memory allows every application to run more efficiently, so you are able to work and play faster.
- Most home users use between 2GB and 8GB of RAM; more if you do a lot of photos, movies, or music
- Most graphic design, music, or video pros use between 8GB and 12GB of RAM
Which Mac do you have?
1. Click here to bring up Apple's Online Service Assistant.
2. Type in your serial number and select United States. You can find your serial number in your Apple menu (top left hand corner of your screen). Choose "About the Mac" and click on the version number of Mac OS X twice.
3. On the left side of the page, below the picture, it will show your Mac's official model name. Select that name from the list below to see memory for your Mac.
If you already know which RAM you need, you can browse our RAM categories.
Desktop MacsMac Pro
MacBook Pro 17"
MacBook Pro 15"
MacBook Pro 15” (Mid 2009)
MacBook Pro 15” (Early 2009)
MacBook Pro 15” (Late 2008)
MacBook Pro 15” (Early 2008)
MacBook Pro 15” (Mid/Late 2007, 2.4/2.2GHz)
MacBook Pro 15"" (Late 2006)
MacBook Pro 15”
MacBook Pro 13"